Restoring Your Corona Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
The water damage seen in this photo came from a broken supply line to a washer machine in a local tanning salon.
Flooding and water damage events at Corona commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Corona
SERVPRO of Corona specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Each Fire Damage is Different
Each fire is different, contact SERVPRO of Corona for proper cleanup!
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Corona will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (951) 278-2595
The mold growth under this kitchen sink was a result of a dishwasher leak.
When you suspect mold in your Corona home, call us for a free professional evaluation!
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the extent and type of growth to the variety of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. When you discover mold, call us at (951) 278-2595 and we will go through our standard mold remediation process:
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
The mold visible in the picture below was a result of a dishwasher leak. These types of leaks sometimes go unnoticed. It is important to look under your sink for any signs of water damage.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (951) 278-2595
Storm Damage Pros!
Summer Season in California at risk for larger, aggressive fires.
Regardless of the Storm Damage, SERVPRO of Corona Can Help
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO of Corona can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources.
- Flooding caused by heavy rains
- Hurricanes and tidal surges
- Tornadoes and wind damage
- Ice and snow storms
- Wild fires
This summer season in California is at high risk for fires due to the vast amount of crops that grew during the record making rains this past winter. These crops wither rapidly during the summer and fall seasons which result in larger and more aggressive fires.
Vandalism at Local Church
SERVPRO of Corona technician cleaning up dust and debris from altar at a Church.
SERVPRO of Corona not only provides fire and water damage restoration. Our services extend to vandalism clean ups as well.
This unfortunate occurrence was due to vandalism. SERVPRO of Corona was contacted for the cleanup of extinguisher dust and other debris. Our technicians quickly started to HEPA vacuum all affected areas so that the dust would not penetrate further into furniture, walls, and floors. Negative air machines were then placed to improve the air quality inside the facility. In the end, it was like the vandalism "Never Even Happened". The Pastor of this Church was relieved we were able to clean up the Church quickly so that he may open his church once again.
If your home or business has been vandalized and proper cleanup is needed, call SERVPRO of Corona. (951) 278-2595
What To Do Until Help Arrives (Fire & Smoke Loss)
This home sustained fire, smoke, and soot damage from a lit candle that fell onto the floor.
In the event of a fire or smoke loss in your home, here are some tips you can follow to minimize damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks, and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wash both sides of leaves on houseplants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave the system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
Final and easiest Tip:
Call SERVPRO of Corona at (951) 278-2595 to take care of the rest!
When Storms or Floods hit Corona, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Corona is ready for flood disasters!
SERVPRO of Corona specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Corona, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Please Call Our Office Today (951) 278-2595
Water Damage at a Shoe Store
SERVPRO of Corona's quick service saves the majority of the shoe store inventory.
This commercial building is a shoe store that sustained water damage due to a main water line located outside of the building that burst and flooded the inside of the building.
In order to minimize damages, SERVPRO of Corona arrived quickly to the loss site and began services almost immediately. Due to the amount of water, our technicians had to extract water from the floors using a water extractor. Even though the technicians were able to remove a lot of the standing water, the vinyl tiles had already begun to delaminate from the floor. Due to this, this type of flooring needed to be removed in order to dry the floor beneath. The owners of this shoe store were relieved we were able to salvage the majority of their inventory.
What NOT to Do (Fire & Smoke Damage)
This home sustained fire and smoke damage due to an electrical explosion in the attic.
In our previous post, we provide suggestions on what to do until SERVPRO of Corona can arrive to assess fire and smoke damage. Now we would like to offer some tips on what NOT TO DO in the unfortunate event of a fire.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Buena Park.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Buena Park.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
Have questions? SERVPRO of Corona is just a quick phone call away! We can be reached at (951) 278-2595.
Winter Storm in Angelus Oaks
Winter snow storm in Angelus Oaks causes fire sprinkler system to freeze and leak in a log cabin home
This photo shows a winter snow storm in the city of Angelus Oaks, California. Our SERVPRO of Corona office was contacted to inspect a home that had suffered extensive water damage due to the fire sprinkler being frozen from the storm. The road conditions were dangerous and the home was extremely difficult to get to; however, SERVPRO of Corona carefully made it to the home daily for several weeks. The homeowners were extremely grateful that we were able to take care of the water damage at their home despite the hazardous conditions.
When storms hit and your home suffers damage, it can get difficult finding help; however, you can trust SERVPRO of Corona to be there.
Contact us for any questions regarding storm damage to your home at (951) 278-2595.