Restoring Your Corona Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
The water damage shown in this photo was the result of a broken supply line to the toilet located in the men’s bathroom.
Flooding and water damage events at Corona commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Corona
SERVPRO of Corona specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your Corona Home Have A Mold Problem?
Mold spores found in a hall closet of a home as a result of water damage.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (951) 735-7883
Storm Damage Pros!
Summer Season in California at risk for larger, aggressive fires.
Regardless of the Storm Damage, SERVPRO of Corona Can Help
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO of Corona can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources.
- Flooding caused by heavy rains
- Hurricanes and tidal surges
- Tornadoes and wind damage
- Ice and snow storms
- Wild fires
This Summer season in California is at high risk for fires due to the vast amount of crops that grew during the record making rains this past winter. These crops wither rapidly during the summer and fall seasons which result in larger and more aggressive fires.
Vandalism at a Local Church
SERVPRO of Corona technician cleaning up dust and debris from altar at a Church.
SERVPRO of Corona not only provides fire and water damage restoration. Our services extend to vandalism clean ups as well.
This unfortunate occurrence was due to vandalism. SERVPRO of Corona was contacted for the clean up of extinguisher dust and other debris. Our technicians quickly started to HEPA vacuum all affected areas so that the dust would not penetrate further into furniture, walls, and floors. Negative air machines were then placed to improve the air quality inside the facility. In the end, it was like the vandalism "Never Even Happened". The Pastor of this Church was relieved we were able to clean up the Church quickly so that he may open his church once again.
If your home or business has been vandalized and proper clean up is needed, call SERVPRO of Corona. (951) 278-2595
Each Fire is Different
Each fire is different, contact SERVPRO of Corona for proper cleanup!
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Corona will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (951) 278-2595
When Storms or Floods hit Corona, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Corona is ready for flood disasters!
SERVPRO of Corona specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Corona, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Please Call Our Office Today (951) 278-2595
Water Damage at a Shoe Store
SERVPRO of Corona's quick service saves the majority of the shoe store inventory.
This commercial building is a shoe store that sustained water damage due to a main water line located outside of the building that burst and flooded the inside of the building.
In order to minimize damages, SERVPRO of Corona arrived quickly to the loss site and began services almost immediately. Due to the amount of water, our technicians had to extract water from the floors using a water extractor. Even though the technicians were able to remove a lot of the standing water, the vinyl tiles had already begun to delaminate from the floor. Due to this, this type of flooring needed to be removed in order to dry the floor beneath. The owners of this shoe store were relieved we were able to salvage the majority of their inventory.
When Disaster Strikes
Harsh weather is not a common occurrence in Southern California, however, SERVPRO of Corona is ready for the times that disasters happen!
Southern California is luckily not famous for the harsh weather conditions compared to other states; however, there are times when heavy winds and rain occur. When this happens, you need a restoration company you can rely on to make the disaster "Like it never even happened."
Storm and flood damage can be devastating. Immediate action is needed, and you need the company with storm damage experience. SERVPRO of Corona have the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster and can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Corona today!- (951) 735-7883
SERVPRO of Corona Professionals
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Service
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Specialists
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Preferred Vendors for numerous Insurance Companies
- Direct Communication with Insurance and Client on restoration progress.
What To Do Until Help Arrives (Fire & Smoke Loss)
This home sustained fire, smoke, and soot damage from a lit candle that fell onto the floor.
In the event of a fire or smoke loss in your home, here are some tips you can follow to minimize damage:
1. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
2. Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
3. Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
4. If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
5. Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
6. If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks, and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
7. Wash both sides of leaves on houseplants.
8. Change HVAC filter, but leave the system off until a trained professional can check the system.
9. Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
Final and easiest Tip:
Call SERVPRO of Corona at (951) 278-2595 to take care of the rest!
What NOT to Do (Fire & Smoke Damage)
This home sustained fire and smoke damage due to an electrical explosion in the attic.
In our previous post, we provide suggestions on what to do until SERVPRO of Corona can arrive to assess fire and smoke damage. Now we would like to offer some tips on what NOT TO DO in the unfortunate event of a fire.
1. Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Buena Park.
2. Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Buena Park.
3. Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
4. Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. (They may be contaminated.)
5. Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
6. Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
Have questions? SERVPRO of Corona is just a quick phone call away! We can be reached at (951) 278-2595.